SEATPLY recognizes the important role industry plays in protecting and preserving our environment for the present and for the future and is committed to being a leader by example.
SEATPLY was issued an FSC© CoC certification on November 2010. As such, we are committed to purchasing and using only FSC certified/controlled wood from responsible sources. The veneers we use come from logs harvested from legal sources. We seek evidence of compliance from suppliers that they are operating in accordance with the laws of their country. It is company policy never to use wood that has been illegally harvested, wood from genetically modified trees, wood from areas where traditional or civil rights are violated, wood from uncertified high conservation value old-growth forest, wood harvested in forest being converted to plantations or non-forest use.
As an industry leader in the manufacturing of molded plywood components SEATPLY strives to meet the following goals:
- Minimize waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible,
- Recycling 100% all wood and metal waste,
- Sourcing and promoting products that minimize the environmental impact of both production and distribution,
- Minimize harmful emissions from our adhesives by using the lowest emission resins available on the market,
- Minimize harmful emissions from our finishes by using only water-based products.
- Minimize toxic emissions through the use of electric forklifts and hybrid cars.
SEATPLY, in its ongoing commitment to social responsibility has made an important donation to the Armenian Tree Project (ATP).
“ATP conducts vitally important environmental projects in Armenia’s impoverished and deforested zones. Since 1994, ATP has made enormous strides in combating desertification in the biologically diverse but threatened Caucasus region. More than 4.5 million trees have been planted and restored, and hundreds of jobs have been created in seasonal tree-related programs as well as backyard nursery programs.”
It is our pledge, at SEATPLY, to make our world a little greener for our future generations!